Sunday, November 16, 2008

The other day I'm working in Truancy Court in a fairly small courtroom and they add on some guy who was arrested the night before. Not important why, but if the cops shoot at you and miss it should be taken as a signal that it's time to reexamine how you live your life. He needs a bail hearing now, and I'm available to do it.

His girlfriend shows up too, and he's telling her "I love you... Call my family and tell them where I am.... Wait for me and I'll be out soon...I love you..." The jailers tell him to stop talking to people in the audience, and tell the g/f to knock it off or they'll kick her out. So he turns to me:

"You're my lawyer? I can talk to you, right?"

"Right. Let's talk about where you're going to live if you get released."

He looks right at me.

"I LOVE YOU. CALL MY FAMILY AND TELL THEM WHERE I AM. I LOVE YOU!"

Weirdo. Just when you think you've seen it all.

No comments: